Part time (15 hours/week, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon)
Reports to: Executive Director and Office Manager
* Answer telephone, assist callers, direct phone calls to other staff.
* Greet visitors to RCO office.
* Ticket Sales: handle ticket sales (online, phone, in person), assign seats, input buyer and purchase information into Tix.com, prepare tickets for mailing or will call, possibly assist with ticket sales at RCO concerts.
* Correspondence: help to write and send letters (donor thank you letters, solicitations, etc.) and prepare mailings (mail merge, bulk mailings, etc.)
* Data Entry into Tix.com and other databases.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Basic knowledge of classical music desirable.
* Pleasant, patient, friendly and professional interpersonal manner (phone and face-to-face).
* A sense of humor, intelligence, flexibility, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a confined office space, a positive attitude, the ability to take direction well, and a bias toward serving others.
Please email (preferred) a cover letter and resume in PDF format, with “Office Assistant” in the subject line, to Chris Morrison, RCO Executive Director, at email@example.com. Alternatively, the cover letter and resume can be sent to:
Reno Chamber Orchestra
Attn: Chris Morrison
925 Riverside Dr. Ste. 5
Reno, NV 89503
No phone calls, please.
The Reno Chamber Orchestra is an equal-opportunity employer.