Employment Opportunities & Auditions
Web Based Marketing & Social Media Intern
Reports to: Office and Ticket Manager
Term: Summer 2016 – 13 weeks (please apply by Monday, May 9, 2016 for consideration)
The Reno Chamber Orchestra and Nevada Chamber Music Festival seek a highly motivated intern to lend support in the areas of web based marketing, social media; subscriptions, single tickets; and grassroots research and promotion. Our ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with excellent communication skills and ability to brainstorm creative marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience in marketing and/or arts management.
* Participate in monitoring the RCO’s social media presence.
* Research and write social media content for RCO performances; assist in administrating the RCO’s social media plan and editorial calendar.
* Assist with maintaining photo archives of RCO/NCMF concerts and community events.
* Provide support for grassroots marketing efforts, including researching influential community groups, leaders and local businesses within specific RCO venue areas.
* Submit RCO/NCMF events to online calendar listings and other arts calendars.
* Provide digital design for internal website banners, other banners and social marketing.
* Perform basic administrative tasks such as proofing, copying and design research.
* Provide on-site support for concerts and special events when necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading skills.
* Basic knowledge of features on Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets.
* Awareness of current social media trends and willingness to explore, adapt and respond quickly to the constantly changing social media environment.
* Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data, and identify patterns.
* Excellent administrative, organizational and internet research skills.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Motivation and enthusiasm to develop your skills in marketing and social media.
* Knowledge of the performing arts and/or classical music desirable, and a sincere desire to make classical music accessible to new and diverse audiences.
Bryan Wildman, Office and Ticket Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email (preferred), or mail a cover letter and resume in PDF format to the attention of the contact listed on the internship description. Cover letters should outline career goals, how this internship fits within those goals, experience in arts management and availability.
If applying by email, please reference the name of the internship in the subject line. Mailed applications should be sent to:
Reno Chamber Orchestra
925 Riverside Dr Ste 5
Reno, NV 89503
No phone calls, please.
The RCO, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
Click here for a pdf copy of this announcement.